23/05/2010

Kids and adults love 'em so!

There's something about gummy sweets that makes my soul happy.

Every time I get busy with the chewing I'm whisked off to a simpler time, a time when the weather could never get you down - if it's raining you got to stay in and play on the C64, if it was sunny you could go out on the BMX and build a camp!
As I chew I'm reminded of spending time with Little Nan, as she always kept a secret stash for when I visited. I'm reminded of pre-christmas when, as kids we were given catalogs to look through an pick future presents, but I'd spend ages just starring at the Haribo double page spread, that depicts a treasure trove of gummy delights. I'm taken back to handing my pocket money over the counter of the sweet shop, after spending careful consideration to which sweets I wanted the shop keeper to fill the paper bag with. Happy times :)

So imagine my delight when I received the package below for helping somebody out this week - a perfect gift for a big kid ;)



Simpler times that are never forgotten, as I chew I relive them anew, and smile

p.s what do you think of the new look blog? I'm still working on it, but do you think it works okay?