04/06/2010

Didn't catch em all...

The moving house process led me to exploring my parents loft, where - amongst many geeky treats that I shall soon have room for in our new house - I found my old Pokemon cards. I remember when the cards first become big over here, as I was working at the WB flagship store on Regents Street, London - Fun times! - and a quarter of the store was dedicated to the funny little critters. Being in the hub of this craze it was easy to get swept up by the enthusiasm and become a Pokemon Trainer - Critter Herder - and I started collecting the cards. Never having been a game card player before, it opened up a whole new world to me. A good friend of mine showed me where I could buy the cards, as he was an avid 'Magic: The gathering' collector, and knew all the best card houses in town. I did quite enjoy playing Pokemon, but when I realised how many other games there were out there, my interest in collecting 'em all, dipped somewhat. What took it's place was the combination of card & console gaming - A Tomb Raider card game - swallowing my interest in a single geek drooled gulp, I was absorbed and became a collecting mad man... but thats a tale for another day. In the end, upon finding my old Pokemon cards, I decided to give them away to a more appreciated home, but not before I took a quick picture of some of my favorites - enjoy :)


2 comments:

Eolist Petite said...

such a collection - surely you've made someone else extremely happy.

at our house it was comic books that were carefully covered in plastic.

Indigo Roth said...

Hey Robbie! I did have a full set, but gave them to my card-mad, eight-year-old honorary nephew. The giddy look on his face was priceless. I'm told the cards are now, too ;> Indigo