29/06/2011

I got into rubber quite young...

Bath time was pretty straight forward when I was a kid, we were occasionally treated to bubbles which were an absolute joy, and to make the experience 'fun' we were allowed a bath time toy - a yellow rubber duck (unless I managed to sneak in a he-man figure without mum noticing) Needless to say, that despite it's limited functions the little fella had undeniable charm, that never failed to make the cleaning experience enjoyable. 
Although later shunned to sit by the bath and watch whilst I played with submarines and dinosaurs as I got older, he was never forgotten. As I reach adulthood and learnt the pleasures of simply relaxing in a soapy hot tub, I'd bring him on board and let him bob and float his merry random path over the water.
(just a sample of the ducks that now live with us, including the ultimate Mega-duck!)
It would seem that the yellow rubber ducky is no longer alone in his bubbly flotsam world, in our house alone we have a fair few, but upon a some quick research I found that there is a billed bounty out there to tickle any individuals fancy, I made a collection below of some of the ones I quite liked, the Jake & Elroy ducks scoring very highly...

Of course, any blog entry with a batman reference is pure win!
Enjoy! ;{D

3 comments:

Eolist Petite said...

=O oh my god! i want a pair of the Blues Brothers! *rubber ducky, you're the one. you make bath time so much fun...*

Indigo Roth said...

The original is always the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh to have a bath which spouts hot water...